Looking back at our marriage preparation classes I have nothing but good things to say! I know many people go into them skeptical, or they don’t go to them at all. But today I want to share with you why I think the benefits of marriage preparation classes greatly outweigh the time you put into them.
Let me start by saying we were required to attend marriage prep classes. We could have gone into them with a horribly bad attitude. However, we kept an open mind. I’m so glad we did! Here are the marriage preparation benefits Andrew and I experienced:
1. We were forced to communicate.
2. We had to look at the future.
3. We looked at our finances.
4. We talked about kids.
5. We grew personally.
6. We were focused on just us all weekend.
7. We got closer to one another.
8. We got closer to God.