Puppy chow recipes. Did you know you can make variations of this delicious muddy buddies treat? I seriously had no idea until about a year ago when I started hunting for all of them on Pinterest. And – oh my goodness – I am in LOVE!
I don’t know when my love of puppy chow started, but I know I’ve always loved it.
Rewind a few years and our school used to host two junior high Sock Hops a year. One was put on by the 7th graders and the other by the 8th graders. Each year I was asked by my classmates to bring puppy chow. No problem, right? Wrong!
You see, normally my mom made the puppy chow. So I made it, and it was full of lumps about half the size of my fist. I just couldn’t get the chocolate to spread over it the way I wanted to. Sigh.
To make matters worse, the guy I had a crush on at the time brought some puppy chow (that he made!) and it was delicious! His was gone before anyone had even taken a bite of mine. #sad
I learned that you need to get your hands in there to get the chocolate to spread evenly. Ever since then I get asked to bring puppy show because it’s good!
But – sometimes you just want to mix things up, right? That’s why today I have this round up of 15 different puppy chow recipes. You’re sure to find at least one that you like! Check them all out below.
- Dukes and Dushesses’ Chocolate Mint
- The Modest Mom Blog’s Dark Chocolate
- The Simple Parent’s Rainbow Puppy Chow
- Must Have Mom’s S’mores Nutella
- Frugal Mom Eh’s Eggnog Flavored
- Deliciously Sprinkled’s Sugar Cookie
- Sweet As a Cookie’s Cookies and Cream
- The Cookie Rookie’s Salted Caramel
- Chef in Training’s Snicker
- Baking Beauty’s Bubble Gum
- Something Swanky’s Pink Lemonade
- Sweet As a Cookie’s Cotton Candy
- The Gunny Sack’s Orange Creamsicle
- This Mama Loves’ Sweet and Salty
- A Few Shortcuts’ Lemon
Now I haven’t personally had the chance to try every one of these recipes, but I can say that the ones I’ve had have been amazing! Whether you and your family & friends call them puppy chow or muddy buddies, you’re sure to enjoy these.
What other puppy chow recipes do you have that are tried and true fan favorites? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below. Drop a link or just tell me what you do to make everyone drool. 🙂