Toddlers are busy. I don’t think anyone is going to argue that fact. With our little man, church started to get interesting when he was about 16 months old. He realized he could move around more, and he was just more active all the way around. And then let’s talk about the five hour vehicle trip to see my parents that we take every couple months… There were times where we needed something – anything – to keep him occupied. That’s when I first came across the idea of busy bags. Fast forward a few months, and now I’m creating a DIY toddler busy bag gift for each of the toddlers in my life!
There are just a few steps you need to take to create your own DIY toddler busy bag gift.
- Go through what you already have on hand.Items like popsicle sticks, decks of cards, and books are great items to put into your busy bag. We have many of these items on hard from our own toddler and craft supply, so we find new items to include in each DIY toddler busy bag gift we hand out.
- Hit the nearest dollar store.
- This is seriously my favorite way to fill up the bag! Hit a couple dollar stores and load up on the goodies! I’ve been able to find slinkies, etch-a-sketch, and other great toys for just $1! Since I only put 4-6 items in each bag, it’s simple and affordable to make this gift.
- Print off your FREE printable tag for your DIY Toddler Busy Bag Gift.
- Wrap or put into some type of bag. (optional)
- Sometimes I buy a bag for the recipient, while other times I know the parents already have something on hand. It really just depends on the kiddo.
- Not only is the toddler going to love this gift, but once their parent reads the printable poem you attach – they’re going to be extremely grateful! You’ll put a smile on two or three people’s faces at the same time! 🙂
If you haven’t already grabbed your free printable gift tag, make sure to do that now. Now you’re one step closer to having your own DIY toddler busy bag gift. I promise you it’s going to be a wonderful present enjoyed by many!!